If you are offering a SaaS (Software as a Service) and you are having trouble in marketing and promotion, here are some helpful strategies to advertise it and begin making money through it:
1. You should provide an initial account for free in order to draw people who sign up. Once they’ve tried the service and developed a liking, they are more likely to upgrade to paid models.
2. You should be able to afford at least two levels of upgrades. Everybody doesn’t want to be upgraded to the highest level , Engineering Lead time and psychologists recommend that one level lower than that’s the most sold option.
3. Find out an untapped specialization and make sure you rule it. Are you offering the most simple to use, the fastest, or safest? You have to find out what makes your service unique that differentiates it. Discuss it.
4. Maintain your blog and write regular blog posts. Here are some ideas if you cannot understand what you need to write about: why did you begin the service, who are the most successful users (not names, but the type or segment), how many users are already registered What are the tools you have used during development, and why you in beta? Or the reason you decided to pull from beta? Which magazines or websites have referred to their service (thank them)? Tell us about your team’s expertise in the field. Are you an CA/CPA? There are a myriad of topics you can write about.
5. The blog’s URL is accessible from their account’s home page. It is essential to maintain a consistent dialogue with your current clients without sending out emails often.
6. Make a feedback page on each account’s home page. You can ask them their thoughts about their favorite or most commonly used features. Ask the users what their biggest pet peeves are and get them to sort them out. You will be surprised to discover the outcomes. What you’ve promoted heavily might just not matter the most thing for them.
7. Spend some time on the basic SEO of your website. You must be found by search engines before they sign up.
8. You can run a few low cost promotions. Advertise in industry magazines. Include ads on industry blogs.
9. Create highly targeted ad campaigns on AdWords or Facebook. This will cost you money but will bring in a few quick sign-ups. This will also allow you to find a great marketing pitch when you conduct A/B split tests of the website’s copy.
10. There is no free marketing. Even SEO. You’re basically trading time and money.
11. You have to heavily market even the free ones. The days when you could say “Build it , and the customers will come’.
12. Find some influential evangelists who are willing to discuss your program on their blogs, websites or in forums.
13. Run an affiliate program. Affiliates can effectively advertise your business and they need to be paid when the sale is made. Make sure you provide them with lots of promotional material.
14. Present presentations to chambers or Internet users’ clubs (NeN, TiE, Nasscom chapters) about the advantages of your service. Be sure to keep the pitch as brief as possible by presenting a short introduction at the conclusion.
This will help you begin and get a head start when it comes to marketing your SaaS. Best wishes